Freedor is a unique wireless solution that allows users to hold fire doors open at any angle and automatically closes the door when the fire alarm sounds. Installed at the top of the fire door, Freedor is a simple, neat and unobtrusive fire door closer. Easy to install in new buildings and retrofit. Freedor is a wireless device that allows the door to swing freely, be left in any position, but will close the door when the fire alarm sounds.
Freedor needs to hear a fire alarm that exceeds 65dBA, verifying the alarm over a 14 second period. Freedor will then release the door preventing the spread of fire and smoke around the building.
- Adjustable closing speed
- Wireless technology
- Operates up to power size 4 (80kg fire door)
- Allows a door to free-swing through whole range of movement
- Operates as a normal door until activated
- Suitable for right and left hand swing doors
- Can be installed on the opening or closing side of the door
- Night-time release facility
- Fail-to-safe technology, with a minimum battery life of 12-18 months
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Designed to comply with BS EN 1154, BS EN 1155, BS 7273-4 category B